Monday, January 24, 2011

walk in Bidwell - jan 2011


A beautiful Saturday in Chico walking through the Trail of Trees in Bidwell Park. During our walk Andrew had a bit of an accident. We suspected that he needed to go pee and we tried to get him to use the bathroom, but instead he was more interested in playing. About 10 or 15 minutes later he took off into the shrubs, yanked down his pants in a fury, and squated. For a few seconds nothing happened while Jim and I exchanged "Oh No" looks. Sure enough the most gross sight you'd ever want to see, while out and about traipsing through the wilderness, occurred. Thankfully the deed took place off the path and at least it wasn't as bad as all the horse poop we sometimes have to maneuver around. I'll admit, though, I'm still laughing about it.

Our next adventure was set: shopping at Target! We set out early that morning with barely any baby supplies. So when Andrew had his accident we were in desperate need for fresh underwear and baby wipes. It was busy at the store but we were able to get what we needed, after first supplying the hungry muchkins with popcorn and cherry slushes. Big One needed a change of clothes since he decided to leave the house in his pajamas, and the temperature outside had started to get quite warm. But who am I to argue with a 6 year old who wants to roam around in his Star Wars jammies? I have no idea what he was thinking but I'll admit I was wishing I could have gone out in my PJ's, too.

In other silly gross news...

Lately Owen enjoys "spitting" and making raspberries at everybody. It's quite cute to hear Andrew tattle on him with, "Owen thpit meeeeee!" On the car ride home Owen was "spitting" at Jonas, which made him very upset. Jonas proceeds to tattle on him and ask why Owen has to spit all the time, and then concluded with, "I think we need to give Owen back to God." We laughed hard.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Fantastic photos! And hey, Jonas is just keeping up the tradition from Shanghai: http://www.cnngo.com/shanghai/life/shanghai-pajama-wearer-live-713428