Saturday, September 11, 2010

flu shot

Andrew started pre-school this past week and as part of enrollment he needed a physical. The doctor looked over his vaccine chart and said that he was caught up on all his shots until he starts kindergarten, so he got off fairly easy until ... the flu shot. The doctor asked me which would be best: the needle or the spray? I thought it would be really difficult to wrestle a pre-schooler and try to shove something up his nose, so I decided on the shot, which was quite easy considering I'm still bigger stronger than Andrew... for now. After getting pricked for the second time (he got an anemia prick just a few second before) he started crying. Owen points at Andrew, looks at the nurse and says, "Oh no! He crying!" It's nice to see them get disturbed when the other is unhappy - as strange as that sounds. The older boys picked out stickers and a sugar-free sucker, and away we went home.










No comments: