Wednesday, August 25, 2010

backwards

I picked up Jonas from school yesterday and asked him how his days was. He proceeds to tell me, "You know what? The kids at school told me my pants are backwards."

"What," I ask as I burst into laughter. "They are? Who told you that?"

"All of Mrs. Campbell's kids."

I start to laugh even harder and look in the rear view mirror to see if he's laughing too. Instead he's hiding behind the seat in front of him with a look of "pain" on his face.

"What's wrong? It's funny right? The kids can laugh and you can laugh... it's funny," I tell him.

"NO."

"Well then why didn't you change your pants at recess," I ask.

He took a second and looked at me. I could tell he was thinking about that one. "I don't know," he finally says.

"What happened this morning when you put your pants on?"

"I just looked at the paper" - he means the lablel - "and I just put my pants on. But they're backwards!"

Ok, at this point I am trying my hardest not to laugh, and I have to take a second to regain my composure. I tried to explain to him that it was ok for him to laugh, and even though the other kids were laughing at him it was ok, because it was just a  silly and harmless thing that happened. But he wasn't buying it. I'll have to ask him today if any of the kids remembered his backwards pants.

No comments: